Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Volume 2, Number 8: Another Twisted Thought

(Note: This is a re-posting of an entry I made on February 15, 2007, on a Yahoo! GeoCities blog.)

Recently, we've all been seeing these animated ads from abovetheinfluence.com. They're good for their purpose, which is to discourage children from even thinking about doing drugs.

But there's one that reminds me of a poster my little brother gave me (and which I still have) depicting an Area 51-style alien in a T-shirt and jeans and a joint in his hand, saying, "Take me to your dealer" (a take on that classic '50s sci-fi movie line, "Take me to your leader"). Around 18 seconds in this 30-second spot, I expected the alien to make that request as well, "Take me to your dealer."

I was pleasantly surprised to see the girl dump the dumb guy and fly away with the alien, but the scene from my twisted imagination is still fresh enough that I decided to re-create it.

No comments:

Post a Comment