Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Volume 3, Number 7: How Can It Happen Again?

(Note: I originally posted this entry on February 15, 2008, to my Yahoo! GeoCities blog.)

I don't catch the news every single evening--lately, I've been getting sick and tired of hearing about the presidential campaigns and the goings-on in Iraq, plus I was still recovering from a business trip I took on Wednesday.

So I just went on CNN.com and found out about another college campus shooting, this time at Northern Illinois University. As I write this, the death toll stands at six (not including the gunman, who, in cowardly fashion, killed himself with one of his guns).

How can it happen again?

I ask this question with more regard to the shooter than the shooting: How can someone become so angry with their world that they would take out that anger on people they've never met?

I wish that before anyone even considers carrying out such an act of madness and violence, that they would first be forced to experience the pain and suffering that such an act causes. Or experience a few minutes in Hell (because, after all, that's where all murderers end up going).

No comments:

Post a Comment